Surreal.

9:07 AM den 0 Comments


Gooood morning! 

I've been in Exuma, Bahamas for almost 4 days now, and I am in love. I visited a different island last year--Eleuthera--and they're both equally amazing. We rented a beach house, which has a spectacular view of the caribbean, and with no other souls other than my family. How amazing is that?! We were actually supposed to arrive around noon last Wednesday, but there were some complications on the plane. The flight attendant literally prepared us for a crash in the middle of our flight: everyone panicked. 
"I'm sorry to inform you all this but I'm afraid we'll have to turn back to the United States, folks."
That was possibly the worst thing we'd heard that day. Thank God we landed safely in Miami. We just waited a few hours for the plane to be fixed and voila--we arrived at Exuma around 5 p.m. 
The first day was kind of a kickback. Everyone was exhausted from the flight, especially because most of us hadn't gotten sleep in over 24 hours. Our very own beach is just perfect. It began raining in the afternoon, but that made it even more memorable as we swam in the ocean. 

We decided to explore a bit the next day and drove to Little Exuma, which was just 30 minutes and a bridge away from the main island. There we found the Tropic of Cancer Beach: heavenly. Surreal. 



This picture couldn't even fully capture the turquoise caribbean waters and the white sand. Later on, we found a blue lagoon--definitely one of my favorites so far. We spent most of our time there on the third day and met the only other 3 filipinos on the island! 


I'm constantly updating my Instagram and Snapchat with the latest pictures here in Exuma. For more updates, follow/add me on:
Instagram: @deeennisseee
Snapchat: @deniseee97

Kisses and Kitkats,
Denise

0 comments: